This role supports the PCP Leadership Executive, PCP Chairs and Executive Officers to enhance the position of the PCPs as the platform for collaborative partnerships for health and human services in Victoria and to drive advocacy strategies to ensure that PCPs increase their collective profile as leaders in partnership work.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 6th December, 2018.
• Not for Profit Organisation
• Autonomous, varied role
• Attractive Remuneration, Salary Packaging & FBT Exemption Benefits
About Primary Care Partnerships
Primary Care Partnerships (PCPs) are established networks of local health and human service organisations working together to find smarter ways of improving the health system. PCPs work to improve access to services and continuity of care for people through improved service coordination, as well as chronic disease prevention, integrated health promotion, and partnership development. Since 2000, PCPs have developed and consolidated their role and currently over 800 diverse organisations participate in PCPs at a local level working collaboratively on health and wellbeing issues.
The Director Strategy and Development role supports the PCP Leadership Executive, PCP Chairs and Executive Officers (EOs) to enhance the position of the PCPs as the platform for collaborative partnerships for health and human services in Victoria and to drive advocacy strategies to ensure that PCPs increase their collective profile as leaders in partnership work. The Director Strategy and Development’s responsibilities will include supporting PCPs to deliver excellent outcomes that will improve the health status of all Victorians, advocating for future investment in PCPs, identifying and capitalising on new opportunities for growth in the PCP platform and the administration relevant to the aforementioned responsibilities.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor qualification in a relevant field such as Health, Community Development, Education or Social Policy
- Leadership and engagement skills based on a consultative and collaborative approach
- Experience in political lobbying and advocacy work at Federal and State levels
- Experience working in a PCP or as a member of a PCP is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, adopt a leadership role and build collaborative partnerships at a senior level in multi-disciplinary environments and across diverse service sectors
- A thorough understanding of the primary health and human services sectors policy frameworks and service delivery systems
- Aspirational and innovative thinking regarding PCP future strategic directions
- Highly developed oral, written, negotiation, critical analysis and presentation skills
How to apply
Applications should include a covering letter and up-to-date resume, which details the applicant’s skills and relevant experience. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion call Adie Havin on (03) 8562 5107.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.